To make an application to the Equalities Fund please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, registration number and an outline of your needs. We review applications anonymously around the beginning of each month . Funds are allocated on a first come first served basis, so the earlier you apply, the more likely we are to be able to help you.
If you’re not sure if you should apply to the Equalities Fund, have a look at some of these senarios.
- Rachel is a student studying in Manchester. She has large debts from university fees and loans for cost-of-living. Equality funding could be used to reduce Rachel’s registration costs.
- Beth lives with her partner Ellen and their toddler son. Ellen has just lost her job, and Beth works part-time in a Call Centre. Beth’s sister has agreed to care for their son, but they still cannot afford the full cost of two BiCon bookings. The Equality Fund could be used to reduce Beth’s BiCon to the unwaged rate or provide some funding to reduce the full cost of BiCon for them.
- Robert has disabilities that mean that he needs some assistance during BiCon. Robert’s friend Ahmed is a bisexual ally and he has volunteered to provide part-time support to Robert in the mornings and nights at BiCon. The Equalities Fund could provide partial funding of Ahmed’s BiCon.
- Felix lost his job a month ago, and has just started receiving Job Seekers Allowance. The Equalities Fund could be used to reduce some of the registration and accommodation costs of BiCon.
- Anita is deaf and has asked BiCon if they can help her with hearing people at BiCon plenaries and sessions. The Equalities Fund could be used to hire some equipment for her to use at BiCon.
- Jon is a single father on a low income. He has already booked and paid for BiCon, but finds that his childcare arrangements have fallen through. The Equalities fund may be able to contribute towards the cost of placing Jonty’s son in daycare while he is at BiCon.